Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Noah's Ark Revisited


Have you been following the story of Johan Huibers, the gentleman from Holland who has just finished a two-year construction project? He built a replica of Noah's Ark, using the Biblical description in Genesis chapter six as a guide. Huibers' Ark, although two-thirds as long as a football field, is only one-fifth the size of Noah's ark as described in the Bible.

I think this is an amazing project and I am glad someone finally had the inspiration to get it done. It is another reminder of God's saving acts in the history of the world.

Is it my imagination, or are those storm clouds gathering above the ark in this picture?



Peace,
Linda +
The Rev. Linda McCloud
Founding Pastor
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek

1 comment:

maam fe said...

I really thank God for I have read this blog. I know a song about the story Noa's Ark in "Visayan version" which I taught in in my children and every night before sleep we really don't miss to sing.Now that I have seen the replica of Noa's Ark I am very much happy to show this picture to them.