Saturday, May 19, 2007

Fauna and Flora

Turtles can move pretty fast
when you want to take their picture
Photo by Linda McCloud+


Cactus flower has flower power
on Jekyll Island
Photo by Linda McCloud+


Today is the feast day of St. Dunstan, Archbishop of Canterbury, 988. I could recount his life and times and his reforms which brought about carefully orchestrated worship. I could tell you that he was famous for working with metals and casting bells.

However, I have blogged so much serious stuff this week that I thought I would lighten up today. I would like to report that in addition to the turtle, during this week I have seen a bluebird, several quail, and a painted bunting. Last week I saw an American Bald Eagle in the top of a dead tree. They don't sit still for photographs.

Here is a prayer for today:

"Almighty God, in giving us dominion over things on earth, you made us fellow workers in your creation: Give us wisdom and reverence so to use the resources of nature, that no one may suffer from our abuse of them, and that generations yet to come may continue to praise you for your bounty; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." (The Book of Common Prayer, p. 827)


In Peace,

Linda +

The Rev. Linda McCloud
Founding Pastor
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek

No comments: