Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Huge Thank-You To Our Mother Church
















I am almost packed to leave Moultrie, and few things remain to be done. Tomorrow is my last Sunday to preside at Holy Eucharist at St. Margaret's. On Monday, January 1, we will have a service of Holy Eucharist at 10:00 a.m. to celebrate "Holy Name Day." But that's it for my conducting worship services at St. Margaret's. The moving van will be here January 16, but I will be on a prayer retreat January 7-14 in order to shift my spiritual gears, rest and get ready for this next phase of my life.

Of the few things that remain to be done here in Moultrie, chief among them is the writing of thank-you notes. I hope to get to that today just to know I did it before the end of the year. In the New Year there will be so much more for which to be thankful, and I don't want to start it out by being behind in my thankfulness.

As I close out this year, I am especially grateful to Fr. Frank Logue and the Mission Council of King of Peace Episcopal Church in Kingsland, Georgia for being the "Mother Church" to The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek. Through their mentoring and other support, they are the booster rocket that will help launch this new church. They have given generously of their time, talent, and financial resources. Their example of planting King of Peace in 2000 is the benchmark by which I measure church planting. So, thank you, Fr. Frank, and bless you, Mother Church. May your tribe increase.


Pastor Linda
The Rev. Linda McCloud
Founding Pastor
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek
www.oursaviorhoneycreek.org
oursaviorhoneycreek.blogspot.com

1 comment:

King of Peace said...

You and your congregation which will form are most welcome. It will be a blessing to King of Peace to assist in the ways we can.

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor
King of Peace Episcopal Church