Sunday, September 2, 2007
She gives Episcopal lessons
Have you signed up for the "Inquirer's Class" at The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek? The class will begin next Sunday, September 9, at 3:00 p.m. in the chapel where we have our Wednesday services. This class will be offered four weeks at a time so that we can have one class each month from September through May. If you miss the September class, you may sign up for the October class, et cetera.
We will focus on Christianity as seen through the lenses of the ancient creeds of the Church -- the Apostles' Creed (the baptismal creed) and the Nicene Creed (which we say every Sunday). Our main point of reference will be Holy Scripture of the Old and New Testaments, which I believe to contain all things necessary for salvation. We will also bring in some Church History to put this all into context.
If you are interested in signing up for the first class, or for any subsequent class, please call the church office at 912-267-0333 and get on the list. This class is open to all persons who:
(1) have never been baptized and wish to be baptized in the name of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit;
(2) have been so baptized but have never been confirmed in another denomination;
(3) have been confirmed in another denomination and wish to be received into the Episcopal Church;
(4) are Episcopalians who wish to reaffirm their faith and receive the blessing of the Bishop; and
(5) all other interested parties.
Maybe you fit into one of those categories. If so, and if you are interested in this class, please call the church office during this coming week.
The Rev. Linda McCloud
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek
Posted by Linda McCloud+ at 6:00 AM