Monday, September 17, 2007

Altar Bread at Our Savior



At the Episcopal Church of Our Savior, our altar bread is lovingly baked and prepared for consecration at the Altar during Holy Communion. We do this because on the night in which he was betrayed, our Lord Jesus Christ took bread, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples and said, "Take, eat: This is my Body which is given for you. Do this for the remembrance of me." When we thus gather for Holy Communion, Christ blesses us with his presence as we all share in the one loaf of bread.

If you are interested in baking altar bread for Our Savior, or if you want this recipe for use in your church, please contact me at Linda@oursaviorhoneycreek.org and I will e-mail the information to you. I borrowed this recipe from The Episcopal Convent of St. Mary, Sewanee, Tennessee. It took me about two hours to bake the bread pictured above.



In peace,

Linda+
The Rev. Linda McCloud
Pastor
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek
http://www.oursaviorhoneycreek.org/
http://oursaviorhoneycreek.blogspot.com/
912-267-0333

No comments: