Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Valuable Values








Three weeks ago today I moved to Camden County, bringing with me a rose bush which had previously been planted at my home in Moultrie. I replanted the rose bush and already it is sprouting little leaves, which tells me its roots have been going deeper into the ground.


In the website for The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek, there is a page entitled "Values." There, I uphold what I believe to be important aspects of a church's life together. One of those values is Discipleship. Putting our faith into action and letting it permeate everything we do is a tried and true way of following Jesus Christ as his disciples. Discipleship means making a conscious effort to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ through regular attendance at worship, through prayer, and through our relationships with others.


Putting our faith into action is rather like planting a rose bush, or burying tulip bulbs which will produce beautiful flowers in the spring. If we embrace and nourish our faith every day, we might not even notice how it changes us. It simply becomes a lifestyle that blooms and grows like flowers. That's what the world needs now.




Pastor Linda

The Rev. Linda McCloud

Founding Pastor
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek
www.oursaviorhoneycreek.org

No comments: