Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hearing the Children's Voices

One of my dear hopes for The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek is that we will be home to families with young children. Children are so new to the world that their candor is often refreshing (or embarrassing, depending on your point of view).

Children are some of the best theologians on the planet, and their questions often come in a torrent. This did not go unrecognized by Gayle Boss, a mother of two who gives us this insightful poem:

One Day's (Theological) Questions

Do you love me
Mommy and why
do the clouds move
is the moon
following me
where is God now?

Why can't the man walk
is it night time
and how do you know
when it's day
will the lost kitty stay
is it Christmas?

Is there a monster
in the closet
under the stairs is there
snow in heaven
will you let me
lie in your bed?

Will you stay with me
if the car breaks
will I die and why
do you have those cracks
in your face Mommy
tell me why.


Jesus loves the little children.


Pastor Linda
The Rev. Linda McCloud
Founding Pastor
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek
www.oursaviorhoneycreek.org






No comments: