Thursday, January 25, 2007

Coming Soon

Since I moved here a week ago I have been trying to get my bearings and learn the area. As I drive from place to place, I have begun to think that those orange striped barrels in the highway construction zones are the State Flower of Georgia.

Everywhere I go I see signs of growth and signs that say "coming soon" -- a new bank, a new Target Store, a new shopping center, a new housing development. Each sign is clamoring for our attention and promising peace of mind, happiness, or security.

Yesterday I joined the procession of those clamoring for your attention. My good neighbor Jeff Bennett and his daughter Caralee helped me put up signs for The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek. Actually Jeff did all the hard work of digging the post-holes (with some good help from Caralee who is six years old.) Jeff poured the concrete and made sure the signs were level. He did a great job. Thank you, Jeff and Caralee!

Our signs don't promise peace of mind, happiness, or security. That is something that you work out between you and God. But our signs do say "Coming Soon."

The actual launch date for the new church is November 4, which might seem far away, but it is coming soon. Stay tuned for details on how that will come about.

Peace,
Pastor Linda
The Rev. Linda McCloud
Founding Pastor
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek
www.oursaviorhoneycreek.org

No comments: