Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Getting Our Ducks In A Row

Transition is never easy. There is an emotional component to which we must pay attention. Moving from one location to another means more than just packing up our worldly possessions. For a time we live in both places, which means that we are not really resident in either. This is happening to me right now. St. Margaret of Scotland Episcopal Church in Moultrie, Georgia, which I now serve, is preparing for my transition to be Pastor of The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek in Waverly. I am phasing out here, but I am working hard to make sure I leave everything just right so that the work can carry on smoothly. I have a big "to do" list of projects which I am working on.

At the same time, I am working on urgent and important matters at Waverly, by e-mail or phone if possible and in person if necessary. I have a big "to do" list for that as well. And then there is my "Moving Right Along" list that will assure I have notified the local utility companies when I no longer need their services.

As I take care of business, the most important thing about this move is that I say a proper good-bye to the people in Moultrie who have become my community. This is the "soul work" that will allow me to say hello and make a whole new beginning with a new community in Camden County. This is the toughest part of the transition, but it comes at a perfect time of year. As the year comes to an end, I will close out my stay in Moultrie. As the New Year begins, I will begin a new work in a new place. I will meet new people and life will be a new adventure. I am getting my ducks in a row now so I will be all set to go and totally settle in to my new home.

Pastor Linda
The Rev. Linda McCloud
Pastor
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek
www.oursaviorhoneycreek.org

No comments: