Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Are you new here?

So am I. Perhaps we could begin to get acquainted. Over the years I have lived in four States -- Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, and Georgia. At various times I have found myself moving in and out of those four places. I have had two driver's licenses each in the first three States, and I now hold my third driver's license in Georgia. Soon I will be moving to beautiful Camden County for keeps. In the summer of 2003, I spent seven weeks in the area and learned to love it. Now I plan never to live anywhere else. Maybe you are just now moving in and beginning to find your place in your new community, The Episcopal Shieldor maybe you have lived here all your life so far and find your community changing. Please consider getting in on the ground floor of a really good thing -- a new Episcopal Church.

As an Episcopal Priest, the most exciting part of my move to Camden County is that I get to be the founding pastor of The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek. I will be called a "church planter." I will get to see the sunrise on the marsh on a regular basis. I am coming to Camden County not only to plant a church, but to plant my life with the other newcomers among the long-time residents.

Pastor Linda

The Rev. Linda McCloud
Pastor
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek
www.oursaviorhoneycreek.org

No comments: