Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The noise of your cataracts


As the deer longs for the water-brooks,
so longs my soul for you, O God.

My soul is athirst for God, athirst for the living God;
when shall I come to appear before the presence of God? . . . .

My soul is heavy within me;
therefore I will remember you from the land of Jordan,
and from the peak of Mizar among the heights of Hermon.

One deep calls to another in the noise of your cataracts;
all your rapids and floods have gone over me.

The Lord grants his loving-kindness in the daytime;
in the night season his song is with me,
a prayer to the God of my life.
(Psalm 42:1-2, 8-10)


Almighty God, in giving us dominion over things on earth, you made us fellow workers in your creation: Give us wisdom and reverence so to use the resources of nature, that no one may suffer from our abuse of them, and that generations yet to come may continue to praise you for your bounty; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (The Book of Common Prayer, 827)


In peace,
Linda+

The Rev. Linda McCloud
Pastor
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek
http://www.oursaviorhoneycreek.org/
http://oursaviorhoneycreek.blogspot.com/
912-267-0333

Photo: the headwaters of the Jordan River
Banias, Israel (at the foot of Mount Hermon)
August 2004. The rushing water is so loud that
you cannot hear what your neighbor is shouting
in your ear - LM+




No comments: