Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Lord is my light and my salvation


Our Psalm for today at Holy Eucharist is
Psalm 27:1, 5-13:


The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom then shall I fear?
the Lord is the strength of my life;
of whom then shall I be afraid?

One thing have I asked of the Lord;
one thing I seek;
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life;

To behold the fair beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.

For in the day of trouble
he shall keep me safe in his shelter;
he shall hide me in the secrecy of his dwelling
and set me high upon a rock.

Even now he lifts up my head
above my enemies round about me.

Therefore I will offer in his dwelling
an oblation with sounds of great gladness;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Hearken to my voice, O Lord, when I call;
have mercy on me an answer me.

You speak in my heart and say,
"Seek my face."
Your face, Lord, will I seek.

Hide not your face from me,
nor turn away your servant in displeasure.

You have been my helper;
cast me not away;
do not forsake me,
O God of my salvation.




In peace,
Linda+

The Rev. Linda McCloud
Pastor
The Episcopal Church of Our Savior at Honey Creek
http://www.oursaviorhoneycreek.org/
http://oursaviorhoneycreek.blogspot.com/
912-267-0333
Photo by Linda McCloud+
Honey Creek at sunrise
December 20, 2007

No comments: